Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Alaska Fishing Trip

Glen & Marie's Fishing Trip
The end of July we went to Alaska fishing with some of our friends,
six of us in all. It was so much fun. We have been to Alaska on cruises,
but this was the first time for me to see some of the country
side, drive the roads, and to fish.
We went down by Homer fishing for Halibut. We went fishing
two days. We all got a lot of halibut. Boy, were the two 60 lb
halibut hard work to reel in. But I did both by myself. I also caught
7 small shark (this actually is bad luck according to some fishermen)
we just throw those back.
It was also neat because we were sitting
outside looking at the bay at 11:30 pm and the sun was
just going down. Then it would be light at 5:00 am.
We then spent two days fishing for salmon in Seward. This was
great fun also. I loved the scenery, Alaska is such a beautiful place.
It is also so cool, (weather) it never was to warm. I would like to
go there some winter. We had such a wonderful time, and
really enjoyed the fishing. Now we have a good food storage of fish.

1 comment:

Melanie Daryl said...

As the old folks say, there is always a first for everything! I’m glad that you decided to make some changes with your trip. Going to a cruise is fun, but fishing and visiting the countryside is a whole new experience. Me and my friends make it a point to do this once in a while. We take time from our busy schedule to go out on a fishing trip and bond.[Melanie Daryl]